Only ringtone but cannot answer the call

I am using two linksys ip phones to make call via Asterisk. Both phones can be successfully registered to the Asterisk.

When Asterisk is set under [color=red]10.0.1.X[/color] lan, two phones are set to [color=red]10.0.1.X[/color], everything is going fine.

When Asterisk is changed to [color=red]10.0.0.X[/color] lan, two phones remain to [color=red]10.0.1.X[/color], I can only hear the ringtone, but cannot answer the call.

After used Wireshark to capture the packets, I found that Asterisk kept sending the INVITE sip msg to recipient, awaiting “200OK”, while the recipent kept replying “200OK” to Asterisk, awaiting “ACK”. Both are sending the sip packets to correct IP address, but it seems that the sip packets are not recognize by either of Asterisk or phone.

There is a internal firewall between 10.0.1.X and 10.0.0.X lan, but I already opened the sip ports and upd ports for testing.

Any idea will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Victor

Sounds like you may have a return path problem. Post up some of your CLI output as well as the SIP debugging from the asterisk machine.

Hi

Is the “internal firewall” routing ? IE can you ping a indevidual IP address on the other network or is it natting?

either way you need to setup the localnet and externip addresses. in the sip.conf

Ian

[quote=“ianplain”]Hi

Is the “internal firewall” routing ? IE can you ping a indevidual IP address on the other network or is it natting?

either way you need to setup the localnet and externip addresses. in the sip.conf

Ian[/quote]

Thanks Ian.

The routing is no problem.

I have already setup the localnet=10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 in sip.conf. But it still doesn’t work. Did I put the ip correctly?

Victor

Thanks!

May I know what’s return path problem?

Command> sip show peers

Name/username Host Dyn Nat ACL Port Status
5000 (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored
7001 (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored
6001 (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored
1004 (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored
1003 (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored
1002/1002 10.0.1.240 D 5060 Unmonitored
1001/1001 10.0.1.177 D 5070 Unmonitored