No zap entries in asterisk?

I’m trying to install zaptel/libpri/asterisk on a new machine, by copying files instead of doing multiple "install " operations (because that’s what we’ll want to do in a production environment). So I copied over all the libraries and files for each of these applications (that I know of), and started loading drivers and applications. (I have TDM400 with one FXO module on port 4).

“modprobe wctdm” showed
Freshmaker version: 73
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Not installed
Module 1: Not installed
Module 2: Not installed
Module 3: Installed – AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (1 modules)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
zttranscode: unsupported module, tainting kernel.
Zaptel Transcoder support loaded

which is correct.

“ztcfg -vv” showed:
Zaptel Version:
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration

Channel map:
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
1 channels to configure.

which is also correct.

Then I go to asterisk. zapata.conf contains:
[channels]
context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
channel => 4

But when I load the console (asterisk -rvvv), then type
"help", it doesn’t list any zap options!! (zap show channels, etc).

What am I missing here??

Hi

Perhaps it might be worth doing it the “right” way, IE compile the packages in order, instead of wasting time working out why it wont work using a method that odds on wont work.

Ian

Well, the reason is that it’s not going to be appropriate to have manufacturing running make on every single box that goes through, even if we did have source code on the systems that we ship, which we don’t!! We use engineering methods for engineering, and manufacturing methods for manufacturing.

So, I need to know what Asterisk is looking for in order to determine that the zaptel environment is present. I’ve installed:
/etc/asterisk
/usr/lib/asterisk
/usr/sbin/asterisk
/var/lib/asterisk (entire tree)
/lib/modules/…/misc
/sbin/zaptel*
/etc/zaptel.conf
/dev/zap device files

But there must be something else that Ast is looking for…

I think Asterisk will run fine with just a simple copy. Zaptel is a different issue - it needs to be complied on each machine and for each kernel version.

The issue your running into is just with zaptel not with Asterisk. Asterisk Business Edition can be installed with compiled libs via rpm but the Zaptel portion is delivered as a tarball and complied via a script.

Hi

Every box I ship and build is done from source, it takes no time at all as the whole process is done by script from start to finish.

Ian