No audio after moving from Asterisk 1.4 to Asterisk 1.6.0

Hello,

I have updated Asterisk 1.4 to Asterisk 1.6.0 because I need some functions that are available with the new version. My dialplan was working perfectly with Asterisk 1.4, but now in the new version, when I try to make a call with Dial(), the call is made but there is no sound for both the caller and the callee. Moreover, after 10 seconds, the call automatically hangs up.

I am using SIP, and I transfered my settings from the sip.conf files of Asterisk 1.4 to the sip.conf files of Asterisk 1.6. I modified my dialplan in order to remove the deprecated functions.

What I am trying to do is just simple Answer/Dial:
exten => 948026,1,Answer
exten => 948026,n,Dial(SIP/john@192.168.0.12)

Does anyone has an idea what could be the problem? I checked other posts in the forum but didn’t find any answer for this problem.

Thanks.

I had a similar problem few days ago (only looking at what wasn’t working), try check the bug 15621 at issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15621 , it solved my problems.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers.
www.marcobruni.net

Wonderful! That was the solution. It solved my problem. :smile:

Thanks a lot!

ditto.

After upgrading to 1.6.0.15 from 1.4.26.2 from the asterisknow yum repositories, suddenly we had NO AUDIO on INBOUND SIP calls. Audio was fine for OUTBOUND calls.

session-timers=refuse   

Seems to have resolved the issues, though it seems overkill. Awaiting trunk/branch code-level fix(es).

/S