NewbAlert:Need convert single phone line to voip for local

I recently installed a wireless backhaul system for our internet connection to get off of satellite internet. At the site where our DSL connection is, we also have a phone line we’d like to get to the remote site as well. After it gets to the remote site, I’ll most likely want to convert it back to a normal phone signal for use with our older pbx system (we’ll switch to something more sophisticated in the future, don’t worry).

Where should I start with this? I imagine there are tutorials on the internet for a simple setup like this, but I haven’t been able to find them yet. I’m wanting to do this on embedded hardware since it won’t require anything really powerful (it’s just one phone line used occasionally). I’m reading a bit about asterisk on the raspberry pi, and it looks promising. Any suggestions on how to do this?

there are plenty of cheap embedded asterisk devices in the market . for example atcom.cn/IP01.html

Thanks for the link omid_mahajerani. I’ll probably get something like that for production, but I’d still like to learn how to do it myself. I like to understand how something works before putting it into production.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be for embedded hardware either, that was just an idea.

If you want to learn you can install an asterisk on a pc and then buy two ATA (analog terminal adapter) register them in asterisk . connect your PSTN lines and phones to the ATA and transfer voice .

Yes, that’s a fine idea. Now, per my original question:

I think you can start here asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edit … -book.html
Register two softphone in your asterisk and then buy two ATA and continue

If you only want to transfer one analog line to remote location, you can only use 2 ATA’s with no Asterisk. Just connect the two ATA’s via SIP. I would also recommend using 2 routers that do a VPN connection between the locations (ATA’s communicate via SIP via VPN connection).