New Setup Pointers - Callcentric

I’m glad I found this forum. I’ve been doing tech support for a long time, but I’m pretty new to the world of SIP/VoIP. I just signed up for service with Callcentric and have had good results with just using my IP phones connected to their service directly.

What I’m trying to do now is setup a FreePBX distro and move all of the phone system functions in-house. I did have the whole thing working perfectly, but for some reason I’m not able to receive incoming calls on a consistent basis. Outgoing and internal calls have never been a problem. The distro I’m using is FreePBX 2.11, Linux 6.5, Asterisk 1.8 or 11. I’m running Asterisk 11.

I’ve done so much tinkering that it doesn’t really matter what setup I’ve got right now. I’d rather find a step by step guide that shows me how to do what I want to do the correct way. I have nothing against reading and educating myself, I just haven’t found a good source for the information I need.

A little more about the setup… I have 2 DIDs and each number serves a distinct purpose, so I like to keep them separate, inbound and out. What I did originally was to setup two separate trunks (although this seemed to perplex the CC tech support) so that I can have each send a different caller ID that I have specified in that trunk. If you dial 9 to get out, you go through trunk1 with the CID that corresponds to DID1 and the same if you dial 8, you go through trunk2 with a different caller ID. I don’t know if that’s the best way to achieve the two distinct outgoing lines feature, but it works. The incoming calls are routed to where I want them to go and when it works, it works fine. When it doesn’t work, callers hear a “caller is not available” message.

The only other thing I can add – and this has made things really tricky – is that the web interface doesn’t include any module for making edits to .conf files. You have to do that on the server itself (I used nano, so no C&P). When you do edit some of the files, the web interface often says it didn’t want those files edited anyway. There’s a message a the top of the page with a red box around it.

I’m kind of new to Linux too, so that’s slowed me down a little too. I’ve been able to get around, but I have to look for things and take my time moreso than I would with a Mac or Windows machine.

I would post more about the setup, but I’d rather post what’s relevant, instead of just posting log files for the sake of posting them.

SO… that’s where I am right now. I know this is a lot of newb stuff. I’m not asking for someone to do the work for me, but if there are any pointers that would help get me un-stuck, I’d be grateful. For now, I’ve pointed my phones directly to Callcentric, rather than the PBX, until I can get calls on a more reliable basis.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

We need to see your Asterisk CLI output, verbose level at least 5 core set verbose 5

And just an advise next time you post , please try to summarize your issue with no more than 2 paragraph. And as you mention earlier you are using Freepbx. So you posted in the wrong forum, Here is where you can get some help with your issue freepbx.org/forums

Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the reply.