Music On Hold (max call)

Hi,

I’ve setup music on hold on our linux asterisk 1.8 box and I want to use the asterisk box as a SIP music on hold device only. Basically we are going to have our Microsoft Lync users point to the asterisk box '1001@asterisk.domain.com’ for music on hold. What ive done is setup ext 1001 in asterisk to play music on hold, but it seems that it only handles one user. When I call in to 1001 I get a fast busy tone for my second caller while the first caller hears the MOH from asterisk just fine. Is there a better way to set this up than what I’m doing now? Thanks!

Here is my setup:

(extensions.conf)
[default]
exten => 1001,1,Answer
exten => 1001,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => 1001,3,WaitMusicOnHold(999)

(musiconhold.conf)
[default]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh

Asterisk doesn’t have such a restriction unless you specifically impose one. A verbose trae is needed to see what is really happening. A sip trace may also be needed.

On the assumption that 999 is just a large number, using the MusicOnHold application will reduce your dialplan to two steps.

I just figured out my problem, the issue was that I had an outbound max call restriction set to 1 on my non-asterisk system that points to it, so modifying that setting fixed my ‘issue’ with asterisk :smile:

thanks!