Can't get Music On Hold to work

Hi All,

I seem to be having an issue with getting Music On Hold to work out of the box. I’m using Asterisk 1.2.13. I also have the Addons package 1.2.5 installed. I have not modified the musiconhold.conf file. In my extensions.conf I have:

exten => 699,1,Answer exten => 699,n,SetMusicOnHold(default) exten => 699,n,WaitMusicOnHold(20) exten => 699,n,Hangup
In the Asterisk console I see:

-- Playing 'enter-ext-of-person' (language 'en') == CDR updated on Zap/1-1 -- Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack -- Executing SetMusicOnHold("Zap/1-1", "default") in new stack -- Executing WaitMusicOnHold("Zap/1-1", "20") in new stack -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on channel 'Zap/1-1' -- Stopped music on hold on Zap/1-1 == Spawn extension (open, 699, 3) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1' -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1' -- Remote UNIX connection -- Remote UNIX connection disconnected
I have the verbosity set to 10. Any reason why the MOH is just starting and stopping?

Thanks

Been having sort of the same issue. Asterisk picks up a call and then dumps it. Using 1.2.13. Can anyone shed light on this ?

I had this same problem, too. Make sure the files are 8 kHz samples, mono, 8-bit files. Better yet, convert them to RAW files.

My MOH sounds great over the PSTN. Had a lot of good comments.

Be sure to use random => yes in the musinconhold.conf, too, for variety!

I’ll have to try converting them to raw files. I was just trying to use the sample files that are included in the asterisk-addons package:

[root@asterisk mohmp3]# ls -l total 6612 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1939812 Oct 27 10:33 fpm-calm-river.mp3 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2582496 Oct 27 10:33 fpm-sunshine.mp3 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2217563 Oct 27 10:33 fpm-world-mix.mp3
Maybe these samples are not in the right sample rate?

Hmm, that’s interesting…the samples should work. Do you have the format_mp3 module loaded? If not, then that is probably why it’s not working. The format_mp3 module is part of asterisk_addons, so since you installed it it should be there.

Check out your modules.conf and see if autoload=yes. If not, make sure that the file has format_mp3 loading. And check out the modules directory in asterisk to make sure the module is actually there.

Also, for best results you should have a timing source installed. If you install the ztdummy driver, that may take care of some problems you might experience. But, if you have real Digium hardware in your box, then don’t install ztdummy.

Hope this helps!
Mike