Asterisk 1.4.2 + dial + m(native) plays for 2 sec then stops

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide me with.

Just updated to asterisk 1.4.2 from 1.2.x and Now I’ve got a problem with MOH

the trouble line in extensions.conf is:

exten => _X.,4,Dial(SIP/enginout/0882425603,60,m(native))

basically when the dialplan is run the music on hold defined by m(native) plays for about 1 second then stops. The extension that is being dialed continues to ring without a problem and can be answered sucessfully. Furthermore if that line is replaced with:

exten => _X.,4,MusicOnHold(native)

The music on hold works without a problem.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jay

Edit:

Started Asterisk CLI with verbosity of 4 and got this when running through the dialplan in question:

– Called enginout/0882425603
– Started music on hold, class ‘default’, on SIP/1000-08739000
– Call on SIP/enginout-0873e000 left from hold
– Stopped music on hold on SIP/1000-08739000
– SIP/enginout-0873e000 is making progress passing it to SIP/1000-08739000

As shown above the music on hold is stopped, but there is no reason for it.

No ideas anyone?, I’ve searched extensively back through these forums and found other people have had the same issue but it doesn’t seem to have a solution that I can see.

Hi,

I had the same problem. It turned out to be the licence files in the moh directory. They seam to end in .gsm etc which asterisk thinks are sound files, however they are just standard text files.

The way i fixed this was to remove the license files.

Hope this helps,

Ross

Thanks for the suggestion ross.

Unfortunately deleting the license file didn’t help. The music on hold does actually play for a few seconds, it just stops for no reason.

In investigating further I’ve found out that it’s different depending on what extension I dial in the dial() function, for example:

If I call a landline through the SIP trunk the hold music cuts out in the first 1 second of ringing.

If I call a local SIP extension the hold music cuts out in about 2 seconds.

If I call a mobile telephone through the SIP trunk it takes 3-4 seconds to cut out the hold music.

Because of the results above I’m starting to suspect it’s something to do with when the ringing tone is passed to the dial command from the extension. Because mobiles take longer to ring then landlines. Just a thought. Anyone got any ideas?