Multiple home line call roll over?

Can asterisk automaticlly roll over a number to a different number, I’m sure this is something my phone company (bell canada) has to do but hey maybe asterisk can do this. I also just talked to a bell lady and she was not sure if this can be done for residentcial lines, though it is support one their cell phones.

I want 2 phone lines, one as my main line and a 2nd line. But when a call comes in for the 1st line and it’s busy it would some how push the call to the 2nd line. Is this possible?

My concern is for voice mail, I want to dump the voicemail service I have now and use * for everything.

Call forwarding kinda works but will not allow me to take incoming calls on the main line.

Thanks,
Dan.

this would have to be done at your provider. if you’re really busy on line #1, asterisk won’t know there’s a call coming in to transfer…

what if I have call waiting?

i don’t think so, since CW suspends the existing call. you can have * do that, but i don’t see how to do what you want…

Uh, I think the answer is no. The CO would have to do this. A possible option might be if the CO can provide CFOB (Call Forward on Busy) which you could use to just forward the second call destined to the first line on to the second line.

[quote=“danbrow”]Can asterisk automaticlly roll over a number to a different number, I’m sure this is something my phone company (bell canada) has to do but hey maybe asterisk can do this. I also just talked to a bell lady and she was not sure if this can be done for residentcial lines, though it is support one their cell phones.

I want 2 phone lines, one as my main line and a 2nd line. But when a call comes in for the 1st line and it’s busy it would some how push the call to the 2nd line. Is this possible?

My concern is for voice mail, I want to dump the voicemail service I have now and use * for everything.

Call forwarding kinda works but will not allow me to take incoming calls on the main line.

Thanks,
Dan.[/quote]