Moh ulaw, alaw

Hi!

Have some trouble with moh and calls from PSTN. When I call from my Windows computer (X-lite), it plays a message with command Playback and playing moh just fine. But when I try it from my cellphone (via my operator through SIP provider), it plays the Playback-message but when the moh is supposed to load, it says:
NOTICE[53854] channel.c: Dropping incompatible voice frame on SIP/xxxxxxxx of format ulaw since our native format has changed to 0x8 (alaw).

and no music in phone =(

Im guessing based on the message that my asterisk and my SIP provider doesn’t agree on the codec being used. But why does Playback work and not moh?

sip.conf

[code][sipprovider]
type=friend
secret=xxxx
username=xxxx
authuser=xxxx
fromuser=xxxx
fromdomain=xxxx
host=xxxx
context=sipprovider
insecure=port,invite

[soft1]
type=friend
username=soft1
secret=xxxx
host=dynamic
context=sipprovider
[/code]

extensions.conf

exten => xxxx,1,Answer exten => xxxx,n,Dial(SIP/soft1&SIP/soft2,20,m)

musiconhold.conf has default config. The sound files for moh are also default from source.

Version: Asterisk 1.6.0.21 built by root @ … on a amd64 running FreeBSD on 2010-02-20 09:30:13 UTC

I just cant figure this one out :blush:

bump

Im trying all kinds of allow/disallow but nothing works. Could anyone please help me with this?

I have a similar problem.
Incoming calls come in fine but when they are transferred to another internal extension I get the format incompatible error. MOH plays but the voice quality becomes terrible and the logs flood with the error.
I to have tried variations of codec settings to no avail.

The web is full of this error but no one ever seems to offer any clues.
Is it a settings thing ?, is it a bug ?

Someone please help

I have discovered that only some sip phones are having the problem. Particularly windows xlite v3 and xlite V4. The linux v3 of xlite does not have the problem. Grandstreams hard SIP phones also working. So its particular to the phone and Im guessing some of them are trying switch codecs which for some reason on my system is not working.
What to do ? where to look ?

Are you in an A-law country? If so, you will get less distortion in the MOH if you start with A-law or signed linear MOH.