Microsoft ISA server and Asterisk

Has anyone had any experience in getting asterisk to work through a Microsoft ISA server?

Simple question? probably complicated answer, did do a search through the forum without much success.

Best wishes
Paul.

[quote=“paul@home”]Has anyone had any experience in getting asterisk to work through a Microsoft ISA server?

Simple question? probably complicated answer, did do a search through the forum without much success.
[/quote]

If you are using IAX2 then enable 4569 port. If you are using SIP then enable 5060 port (for signaling) and, by default, 10000-20000 ports for voice.

There is rtp.config file in which you can define which ports will SIP use.

Afther that Asterisk shuld work.

Tomislav

[quote=“parcina”][quote=“paul@home”]Has anyone had any experience in getting asterisk to work through a Microsoft ISA server?

[/quote]

If you are using IAX2 then enable 4569 port. If you are using SIP then enable 5060 port (for signaling) and, by default, 10000-20000 ports for voice.

There is rtp.config file in which you can define which ports will SIP use.

Afther that Asterisk shuld work.

Tomislav[/quote]

Thanks ever so much for the reply

You will have to excuse my next question, do you have it working through Microsoft ISA ? reason I ask is that I posted the same question about SIP on the Microsoft newsgroups, and the response was a definitive “No it won’t work”. Not that I trust one word MS say :unamused:

Paul

[quote=“paul@home”]
Thanks ever so much for the reply

You will have to excuse my next question, do you have it working through Microsoft ISA ? reason I ask is that I posted the same question about SIP on the Microsoft newsgroups, and the response was a definitive “No it won’t work”. Not that I trust one word MS say :unamused:

Paul[/quote]

Thank you Paul!

Today I have tried to make Asterisk work with ISA. I have wasted more than three hours trying. Thanks to you, now I won’t waste my time anymore :smile:

Bye!

Tomislav

LOL you have my sympathy…

However according to another document I read, you could use the IHX protocol as it works through NAT (Which basically is what ISA is) and have another *@home on the receiving end. Which is exactly the route I am going to take.

Good luck.

Paul.

Then you can try using IAX. Maybe he can work behind ISA.

If you ever find out how to make work SIP behind ISA, please send a message on forum.

Tomislav

Go to the site below, and then onto the downloads sections. This may be what we are looking for, have not had a chance to try it yet, so if you do before me, and it works, let me know.

generationd.com/

Paul.