Meetme conference issue

Hello,

Trying to get conferencing working, seems I have everything I need in place, but I constantly get a conf-invalid message. One thing I did notice is that I never see asterisk parse the meetme.conf file. Anyone have a clue what that is?

Here is the output I get while entering the conference. As you will see, verbose is set and it never does a parse of the file

Verbosity was 5 and is now 10
– Executing Answer(“SIP/1115-9e26”, “”) in new stack
– Executing Wait(“SIP/1115-9e26”, “1”) in new stack
– Executing Authenticate(“SIP/1115-9e26”, “5678”) in new stack
– Playing ‘agent-pass’ (language ‘en’)
– Playing ‘auth-thankyou’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing MeetMe(“SIP/1115-9e26”, “18|p”) in new stack
– Playing ‘conf-invalid’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing Macro(“SIP/1115-9e26”, “hangupcall”) in new stack
– Executing ResetCDR(“SIP/1115-9e26”, “w”) in new stack
– Executing NoCDR(“SIP/1115-9e26”, “”) in new stack
– Executing Wait(“SIP/1115-9e26”, “5”) in new stack

Any ideas here??

Have a look at your modules file (/etc/asterisk/modules.conf) and make sure that there is not a “noload” entry for app_meetme.so. If that is not the problem, perhaps you can specifically load it from here?

ok…

I checked modules.conf and there is no noload for app_meetme.so in there. I added a load => app_meetme.so in there. Did a reload and still get the same thing.

What version of asterisk are we dealing with here?

1.0.9. I have been meaning to upgrade, but I am running AAH and heard that upgrading is difficult with AAH or atleast tricky. I finally have everything the way I want it minus the Conferencing stuff. So afraid of screwing the whole thing up and starting over with an upgrade.

My limited knowledge is from vers 1.2, but here’s my thoughts:

From the CLI, if you enter “show applications”, does it show that the MeetMe app is loaded into memory? Is your meetme.conf file correct? A simple one to test with would be:

[general]

[rooms]

conf => 1234

Call meetme() from your extensions.conf file without passing any arguments. You should get the voice prompt asking for the conference number. Enter 1234#. If this works, then there might be a problem with the argument you were passing to meetme().