Making anonymous outgoing call (CLIR) from asterisk sip pbx

I have an urgent issue. Is there a way to send outgoing anonymous invite message from asterisk sip pbx at from header.

What do you mean?

Get an example SIP message from your provider if you can. I’ve been having a few problems with a carrier in Australia.

a) Is it a billing issue with the provider - does the call get placed and the CLID come up as private, but there is a problem from the provider because they cannot bill it properly?

b) Does the call not get placed at all?

c) Have you tried a dialplan function SetCallerPres(prohib) voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … CallerPres

d) Have you tried adding a SIP header using P-Assert-Identity and then using some privacy settings.

I’m currently mucking around with © and (d) to solve a couple of issues I have going on at the moment (and I’m cursing the SIP protocol!!)

Good luck

Thanks for your quick reply,

c) Have you tried a dialplan function SetCallerPres(prohib) voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … CallerPres

d) Have you tried adding a SIP header using P-Assert-Identity and then using some privacy settings.

c section seems useful. I guess I need to add P-Assert-Identity, How may I add P-Assert-Identity, from extensions.conf file?

Thanks

exten = 12345,n,SIPAddHeader(P-Assert-Identity: asdfasdfasdf)

Example here voip-info.org/wiki/view/P-As … -ID+header

If you get it working, could you let us know.
Somewhere else has told me to use ‘privacy: uri’ a few different variations and permutations and I couldn’t get it to work.

The carrier I’m trying to connect with accepts the SetCallerPres(prohib), and the call is presented as a private number, however - for billing purposes the call doesn’t show up anywhere. (Which sounds like a winner, but it comes back to bit you in the axx) :frowning:

CM