libss7 in Asterisk 1.8 and Asterisk 10

Is it still necessary to separately install libss7 in Asterisk 1.8 (or Asterisk 10 for that matter)? or is this now included in the installation of DAHDI.

I just installed asterisk 1.8.8 using the pbxinaflash setup method and in looking at the chan_dahdi.conf it appears that the ss7 information is there, however I do not have the ss7 option available in the CLI? Is this simply because I haven’t configured the option in chan_dahdi.conf or because it’s not installed.

If compiling from source is really my only option that’s fine, I just couldn’t find much information regarding ss7 when using asterisk 1.8 or asterisk 10. Most documents were regarding 1.6.x

Thanks.

libSS7 is a separate signaling library, just as libPRI is a separate signaling library. If you want chan_dahdi to have libSS7 support, you’ll need to install libSS7 prior to ./configure 'ing Asterisk.

Thanks, I thought I might have to do that, but I wanted to be sure.

In the readme for LibSS7 1.0.2 it only mentions Asterisk 1.6, can you confirm if this can still be installed on Asterisk 1.8 and Asterisk 10.

Thanks again.

Confirm? No, because I haven’t paid a lot of attention to it lately, but I can say that you’re probably better off checking code out of the 1.0 SVN branch, since it’s more recent than the 1.0.2 release.

Thanks anyway. I will try both and see.