Kindly help in setting aastra 57i with asterisk - URGENT

Hi,

I have installed asterisk 1.4.4 version and running successfully on my fedoracore 6 , Now i want to register aastra 57i hardphone with asterisk , Can anyone help me in guiding how to start with and what are the configuration setup i have to do in order to make my phone working.

I spent lot of time surfing on net but nothing worked and couldnt find any proper document to start.

Kindly provide me the links if u have any so that i can start setting up the same.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi

Have you downloaded aastra’s admin gude to the phones ?

are you going to use tftp or the webgui ?

AFAIK the setup is the same files as a 480i

Ian

Hi ,
Let me first thank you for your reply.
Yes now i have two aastra phones with two different models.
ie 480i and 57i and i have to configure both with asterisk.
I have downloaded the admin guide for both the models .
One thing i didnt get, what is the difference between using tftp or the webgui ?
Is it like using the ip address of the phone you can configure the phone settings through webgui or if i need to configure the phone setting using the phone gui itself.Is that true pl clarify?

I also didnt get about the following statement."AFAIK the setup is the same files as a 480i " pl can you explain in detail.

Let me know which one i should go abt whether tftp or webgui after getting clarified on both?

Also let me know the steps from where i need to start. pl dnt mind as im new to this domain.

Hi ,
Let me first thank you for your reply.
Yes now i have two aastra phones with two different models.
ie 480i and 57i and i have to configure both with asterisk.
I have downloaded the admin guide for both the models .
One thing i didnt get, what is the difference between using tftp or the webgui ?
Is it like using the ip address of the phone you can configure the phone settings through webgui or if i need to configure the phone setting using the phone gui itself.Is that true pl clarify?

I also didnt get about the following statement."AFAIK the setup is the same files as a 480i " pl can you explain in detail.

Let me know which one i should go abt whether tftp or webgui after getting clarified on both?

Also let me know the steps from where i need to start. pl dnt mind as im new to this domain.

Awaiting for your reply :smile:

Following with my previous mail.
Let me know whether i need to upgrade any firmware???
If yes? do let me know the procedure
Please

Hi i got that what you mean in the last sentence.
Can you get me the configuration files what you have done for 480i please?

I will be very much thankfull to you :smile:

Hi

The Aastra sets can be setup from the web gui or via config files.

The config files are one called aastra.cfg that holds all the universal settings and on called .cfg You need both.

If you want config files please PM me.

Ian

Hi,

Pl give me a brief idea about how to configure aastra phones 480i / 57i model with asteriskusing webgui.
Do i need to install TFTP server, is it mandatory pl help?
Also let me know how to get the aastra.cfg and mac.cfg configurations, from where i should download.

Pl give a brief idea about the same.

I would really appreciate your feedback as iam very much inneed.

Thanks