Ok, here goes. I’ve pretty confident with a computer and I can learn just about anything. I’m asking for help/pointing me in the direction of where to go to get Asterisk up and running on my WZR-HP-AG300H with DD-WRT and Optware installed on it.
So far I have gotten Optware installed, and installed the package for Asterisk 1.8 (opkg install asterisk18). So I assume that I now have asterisk installed. I have logged into the router using SCP and transferred the following files from the router: modules.conf, sip.conf, asterisk.conf, extensions.conf. At this point is where my confusion starts, specifically when I looked at the sample configuration for SIP.
Here is what I’m trying to do. I have 4 Mitel 5330 IP phones with SIP enabled on them. I have OOMA home service, and I have a Cisco SPA3102 in the mail and on the way to me. At this point I just want and Asterisk server configured that will do the following:
- Connect to my Mitel phones via SIP (all on my home LAN i.e. not from WAN)
- Connect to SIPDroid on my Android phone (Need to be able to connect from WAN)
- Allow me to dial between the rooms at my house using an extension
- Receive incoming calls and make outgoing call from the OOMA -> SPA3102 -> *
- Keep Caller ID
- Need it to be secure
Those are my most pressing concerns and if I had that working I could live with not being able to do anything else.So if anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. On this site I’ve done a lot of browsing and all I keep seeing is info on Google Voice, while I have Google voice and think that would be nice. I don’t need * for this. So any help in my above setup or pointing me in the right direction I would extremely appreciate.
The below are my “I would be very grateful if they worked” list:
- Ability to page via speakerphone all the phones in the house
- Ability to specific calls
- Ability to change Caller ID info (I’m calling from work…boss)