IVR offsite transfer

I have a need to have my ivr perform an offsite transfer. The transfer app failes (I assume because transfer is not allowed in the ivr). Is there a way to work aroud this?

Thanks,

Matt

why not post the contents of your IVR rather than make us guess what you have ?

I had nothing - that’s why I didn’t post it… I was wondering how to do it.

I created forwarding for extensions and sent to ivr choices to those “extensions”. A solution I JUST now came upon.

Matt

a Dial statement called as part of the IVR will bridge the caller and the called party together, or are you trying to remove Asterisk from the call altogether ?

to clarify bacon-

Transfer() is only useful where your account (SIP or I think sometimes PRI) allows you to instruct wherever the call came from that they should instead send it somewhere else. If this completes, your server is completely out of the call. This is not always supported though.

If you have a call come in, and you want to send it to someone else offsite, the usual way you’d do taht is Dial() their offsite number. THis uses two channes (one in one out).

I ended up using the dial command. I was trying to do a flash() dial combo to have the telco handle the bridge. I was trying to keep the call off my box, but that doesn’t seem like it is going to be the case.

Matt

ah i see what you mean. If you need a flash/starcode transfer, you could try this:

[external-transfer]
exten => _X.,1,Playback(pls-wait-connect-call)
exten => _X.,2,Flash()
exten => _X.,3,SendDTMF(*XXw${EXTEN}) ; replace *XX with the code to transfer
exten => _X.,4,Hangup()

DON’T INCLUDE THIS IN ANYTHING! Just use it as part of your IVR. If you need to route externally GoTo it here like

exten => 4,1,Goto(external-transfer,12223334444,1) ; 1-222-333-4444 is the destination
the 7/10/11 digit number will match _X. and the call will be transferred. the ‘w’ after *XX is a ‘wait’ to get dialtone back.

hope that helps!