[It's possible to] make calls from a website using Asterisk?

Hi,

I would like to know if someone have an idea of how you can make calls from a website using Asterisk.

I will explain myself better: Please visit webdialogs.com/products/webintertalk.asp and press the “Click to Talk” button. You will be ask to write your phone number. When you submit the information automatically a call from the website personnel is generated to the phone number you entered.

I believe this can be done having in the same server the Webserver software and the Asterisk PBX software. The website in some way should send an instruction to Asterisk for it to make the call with the number entered in the website.

Any ideas? Thank you!

[quote=“joel1198”]Hi,

I would like to know if someone have an idea of how you can make calls from a website using Asterisk.[/quote]

Yes, this is possible. Have a look at phpagi.sourceforge.net for some inspiration.

Best not to run Asterisk on the same server as your production webserver for scalability issues. But depends on your call requirements, etc. It is possible to access Asterisk remotely via the Manager API as well as the Asterisk to reach your server via the FastAGI capabilities.

Also, this link may be useful to you:

mundy.org/blog/index.php?cat=3

Great ideas! Thank you! :smiley: