Internal dialtone

Hi,

many people know it i think. it is a dialtone which is very similar to the busy dialtone in most cases. it is used by normal tk’s before pressing the digit to get an external trunk. did someone realize this with asterisk?

In best regards, Oliver

Your explanation is not enough. Also, please be aware that Asterisk does not return dialtone, but the endpoint does (ie - softphone, ATA, hardphone, etc).

hi,

oh i forgot, sry. i have a normal analog telephone here. so asterisk creates the dialtone.

Greetings, Oliver

what tone is it you’re trying to get ? what settings have you used for loading your zap modules, and what about indications.conf ?

i try to get something like a congestion, and i created it in my indications.conf but it is hard to do it this way:

by raising the handset -> internal dialtone
after dialing 0 -> standard dialtone

this is the onliest thing i want to do :wink: it worked fine here but i have isdn telephones here (handled as zapchannels) and they can do blockdialing. this is dialing and then raising the handset. this should work too.

Greetings, Oliver

[quote=“amdunlock”]hi,

oh i forgot, sry. i have a normal analog telephone here. so asterisk creates the dialtone.

Greetings, Oliver[/quote]

Presumably you are connecting your analog phone to an ATA or X100P type card, it is the ATA/card that generates the dialtone, not the Asterisk software itself.