Installing Asterisk With Yum

Hi,

I nicely followed the instruction on asterisk.org/downloads/yum with the idea that this would lead to a complete install of Asterisk.
Well, in a matter it did… but unfortunately it did not do it all the way :frowning:

The idea behind this was finally leaving some old HW behind and wanting to integrate some new communication channels (at least for me) like skype and gtalk.

After some issues with getting skype for asterisk working the next step was gtalk.
I allready noticed the jabber and gtalk config files in the /etc/asterisk directory so I suspected it would be easy.

Well it is not, it seems the the crucial modules are not there; no jabber.so no iksemel and whatever is missing.

What can I do to get this working and using Yum?
Do I need to follow a certain procedure?

I am a bit afraid of all those manual compile actions with endless dependency issues en disks running full because of all the sources.

Anybody some ideas?

I am using CentOS 5.5 with asterisk 1.6.2.11

Thanks,

Maarten

[quote=“snowbird”]Hi,

I nicely followed the instruction on asterisk.org/downloads/yum with the idea that this would lead to a complete install of Asterisk.
Well, in a matter it did… but unfortunately it did not do it all the way :frowning:

The idea behind this was finally leaving some old HW behind and wanting to integrate some new communication channels (at least for me) like skype and gtalk.

After some issues with getting skype for asterisk working the next step was gtalk.
I allready noticed the jabber and gtalk config files in the /etc/asterisk directory so I suspected it would be easy.

Well it is not, it seems the the crucial modules are not there; no jabber.so no iksemel and whatever is missing.

What can I do to get this working and using Yum?
Do I need to follow a certain procedure?

I am a bit afraid of all those manual compile actions with endless dependency issues en disks running full because of all the sources.

Anybody some ideas?

I am using CentOS 5.5 with asterisk 1.6.2.11

Thanks,

Maarten[/quote]

I have looking for the same solution. I try the source compilation to build chan_gtalk.so, chan_jingle.so and res_jabber.so. It builds but can’t module load.

I try to rebuild the src.rpm. I finally get it build but still not working. I then move the /usr/sbin/ executable files into the proper directory, Gtalk and jabber works but sip not working.

Any suggestion?