I have configured my IAX2 extension as 191. It is working as expected. However, one thing that I don’t understand is why is asterisk internally using “/191” instead of “191” as my extension.
Here is the only line in extensions.conf that uses “191”
extensions.conf:exten => 191, 1, Macro(stdexten,IAX2/191) ; Pradeep
Because of this, I had to configure voicemail.conf as follows:
/191 => xxxx,Pradeep,firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, the voicemail data gets stored in the following location:
– x=0, open writing: /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default//191/tmp/HYsQHu
Notice the extra slash.
Not that it is a big problem as things are working, I am sure I have made a mistake somewhere in my configuration. Just wondering how I can fix it.
Thank you in advance for your help.
why did you think you needed the ‘/’ in front of the 191 in the extension? asterisk uses slash as a delimiter , so IAX2/191 means extension 191 using IAX2 protocol. did this not work and you needed to put the slash in or did you just think you needed it?
If I define my voicemail.conf as:
191 => xxxx,Pradeep,email@example.com
then asterisk complains that "no entery “/191” found in voicemail.conf.
Changing “191” to “/191” in voicemail.conf makes the problem go away.
well, what does voicemail.conf look like? this is all suspicious, this should “just work” without you having to play games like this!
Here is the voicemail.conf file. I have removed commented lines.
emaildateformat=%A, %B %d, %Y at %r
eastern=America/New_York|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ IMp
central=America/Chicago|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ IMp
central24=America/Chicago|‘vm-received’ q ‘digits/at’ H N 'hours’
military=Zulu|‘vm-received’ q ‘digits/at’ H N ‘hours’ ‘phonetic/z_p’
101 => xxxx,Pradeep,firstname.lastname@example.org ; Cisco 7940 SIP
/191 => xxxx,Pradeep,email@example.com ; IAX2
Thank you for your help.
well, i don’t get it. you must have messed up something somehow, since the other extension works and this hack should not be necessary…