How to restrict access to * for a specific soft/hard phone?

Anobody gives me a tip how to recognize what soft/hard phone is in use for a call? I would like to allow access to * for those phones which have been tested and validated by me, e.g. calls allowed from X-lite but not from Linksys PAP2.

Thanks!

Perhaps just restrict them using extension contexts…

Or with username and secret (bouth SIP and IAX2).

Tomislav

Or with username and secret (bouth SIP and IAX2).

Tomislav[/quote]

I think of limiting access for selected phone model. I want to be sure that every user uses the same phone model, for example X-lite. I am afraid that username and secret will not check if the user uses X-lite or other phone. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Just out of curiosity… Why do you want to restrict them to a particular phone model?

I think of developing a softphone basing on GPL libraries. This softphone would have some extra features not available in any other phone currently existing on the market (at least I haven’t found anything similar). I want to be sure that my potential customers would access the system using my softphone. It simply means that I want to force them to use those extra features:-)

[quote=“narjack”]
I think of limiting access for selected phone model. I want to be sure that every user uses the same phone model, for example X-lite. I am afraid that username and secret will not check if the user uses X-lite or other phone. Please correct me if I am wrong.[/quote]

Sorry, I don’t know how to do that.

Tomislav

P.S.
I’m against forcing people to use any software. Let them chose by them own.