How to log MEETME Conf # into CDR

Hi,

I am running Asterisk 1.4.25 and using it mainly as a conference server with MEETME. My calls arrive via SIP channels.

My question is - how do I log the conference number for meetme that the caller has input via their dial pad into the CDR (userfield).

I use static conference numbers (each employee has their own). My problem is that once the user enters the conference number, they are already inside the MEETME app so I cannot write it into / read it from a variable.

I tried the following, but after the caller hangs up (while in MEETME) the next line is not executed.

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait,1
exten => s,3,Background(conf-welcome)
exten => s,4,WaitExten(3)
exten => s,5,Meetme(|Mcsw|)
exten => s,6,set(CDR(userfield)=${CONFNO})
exten => s,7,Hangup

Is there some sort of workaround I can use to collect the conference number? I have seen the CONFNO variable in examples online but don’t see it listed in the documentation.

Maybe this is one of those things that cannot be accomplished unless a new MEETME variable is written into the code.

There are so many billing apps / asterisk conference servers out there I figured somebody must have a solution for this.

Thanks,

Steve

If you want to execute something when a caller disconnects use the h extension.

I would put the conference number in a variable with Read(), pass the variable to the MeetMe() application and store the variable value in the cdr.

Cheers.

Marco Bruni
www.marcobruni.net

Ah, very good. I forgot MEETME will take the conf number as a variable.

I’m starting to get there, just having an issue if the user inputs an invalid conf number. I don’t care that the invalid conf number is written to the CDR (I can deal with the data not being perfect).

However, meetme will hangup on them after it says the conference number is invalid please try again. If I try and execute READ after step #3 into MEETME, it will just hang-up anyways.

Do I have to build some sort of a loop so that if the conf number is invalid it will punch them back up into step #1 or back into MEETME?

Here is what I currently have:

exten => 8,1,Read(meetmeconfnum,conf-getconfno,4,3,5)
exten => 8,2,set(CDR(userfield)=${meetmeconfnum})
exten => 8,3,Meetme(${meetmeconfnum}|Mcsw|)
exten => 8,6,Hangup

Thanks for your help!

Yes.

Cheers.

Marco Bruni.
www.marcobruni.net