How many cocurrent can the SIP trunk support

I got a connect2voice account and configured one SIP trunk.When I call phone with asterisk ,it is ok,at the same time,another one call phone,he fails dialing till I hung up.That is to say,all of the users in asterisk must wait until the caller huang up.This is a very bad thing?It is the asterisk resaon or the VOIP proverider 's reason?How to solve the problem?Thanks
Best regards

have you set a limit on the number of calls the trunk can handle ? have you contacted the trunk providers to ask them if there’s a limit ?

no ,i have never set limited with trunk. I set Maximum channels with blank in AAH. Thanks.Have you any VOIP provider which support any cocurrent calls? Thanks in advance!

i use voip.co.uk and they allow concurrent calling. might vary with the package you use though.

Can you get more than 2 numbers working with voip.co.uk? I can’t.

I’ve pointed the numbers at sip accounts, and as soon as I have more than 2 registation=> commands in my sip.conf, I can’t get any SIP channel to register.

This doesn’t happen with other providers.

Is there a way of pooling all the numbers into one SIP account and getting asterisk to still route calls according to number? (If you leave off the destination extension in the register command, it sets the extension to s).

(Asterisk 1.2.5).

i setup a client a week or so ago with 20 DIDs and all work as expected. although i only ever use a single “trunk” for outgoing.

never had a problem with registration failures either. asterisk 1.2.4
i have 3 numbers on my personal account, but only 2 ever register from a single server (the other is roaming/demo).

i was chatting to theo (lead technical guy there) a while ago and we discussed future possibilties for multiple DIDs pointing to a single SIP account, but it’s not in place yet.

[quote=“baconbuttie”]i setup a client a week or so ago with 20 DIDs and all work as expected. although i only ever use a single “trunk” for outgoing.
[/quote]
This is the same.

With mine, any 2 of my numbers will work at any given time, just not 3.
Conversely my gradwell number and my sipgate numbers work fine. (and the voip.co.uk numbers still act the same if I rid the config files of the gradwell and sipgate details).

[quote]
i was chatting to theo (lead technical guy there) a while ago and we discussed future possibilties for multiple DIDs pointing to a single SIP account, but it’s not in place yet.[/quote]
Well, you already can, you just don’t get any information regarding the number that was dialled.

It’s a shame you can’t set up as a static host (negating the need for registrations in the first place.

err … that’s what i meant to say !! :smiley: