How does asterisk handle .call files

Lets say i have a T1 with 24 channels setup and want to use those 24 channels for calling out.
Lets say I need to call 100 numbers.
If i mv 100 numbers in the directory,
how does asterisk handle if all 24 are in use and there are no free channels available?
does asterisk wait for a free channel automatically before it calls out or will it fail?

Howdy,

Check out the following options:

Maxretries: - Number of retries before failing, not including the initial attempt. Default = 0 e.g. don’t retry if fails.
RetryTime: - How many seconds to wait before retry. The default is 300 (5 minutes).

Cheers.

ok let me make this a little clearer.
if we dump 100 files in there, will it attempt to dial all 100 at the same time even if we only have 24 channels available?

Howdy,

It’ll dial one at a time. When you run out of available channels, it’ll fail to be able to dial one. When that happens, the above-mentioned options come in to play.

Cheers.

so do you think doing this method will work.
initially drop 24 files, one file for each channel.
and send it to the dialplan.
in the dialplan at the end after hangup, we can call an agi script to add another file to dial out to the same extentions?

Drop 24 and then run an AGI after the channel has hungup that then drops more call files? Sure.

Cheers.

yeah i was thinking that when the channel hangups, it will mean one less file, so then i will then add just one more file whenever channel hang ups, so with this logic, there should never be more then 24 files in the folder

Sounds “sound” to me.