Autodial out and deliver message

Can multiple calls be generated at the same time with asterisk that call a number and play a message?
I have been trying but it appears that only the first call initiated executes the dialplan and the others disconnect after they are answered.

my call files look like this:

Channel: SIP/11231231234@World_A-Z
Callerid: 11233214321
MaxRetries: 3
RetryTime: 20
WaitTime: 30
Context: my-msg
Extension: s
Account: 148
Priority: 1
Archive: yes

and the dialplan:

[my-msg]
exten => s,1,Answer(1)
exten => s,2,Wait(2)
exten => s,3,Playback(msg)
exten => s,4,Wait(2)
exten => t,1,Hangup

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Henry

Yes. We are doing that for load testing.

i am doing this without problem. in fact the initial problems we were having is that it would go so fast that it would rapidly consume all available channels, so we had to but throttling mechanisms in place.

probably should check your trunk set up to make sure you have sufficient trunk capacity in place.

I am testing with just 2 calls initially. I have the throttling mechanism ready to go but I seem to be unable to get past running 2 calls at this point. The second call gets placed and rings but the dial plan does not get executed when it is answered.

Do you have any info on your setup that you could possibly share?

Be sure that you use a mechanism to asure that the names of the call files aren’t the same. This scenario should work. You should generate a call file and move it to /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing and not generate it at once in this directory. This will lead to errors because the grabbing for the files is very agresive. It is a good idea to have a delay between callfiles and not have them placed into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing at once.