How can I connect my mobile phone to my asterisk server?

How can I connect my gsm phone to my asterisk server?

My phones are Sony-Ericsson W880 and K700.

I have 2 options to connect my phones to linux through:

1. usb port - I have cables etc only for W880
  2. irda port that connects to a usb port with mobile action 620 for K700

I’d like to send and receive sms and mobile calls.

Found CELLIAX but I’m having troubles with that.
Has anyone installed it?

You can get a cell phone dock (something like:http://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp) or use chan bluetooth

Please tell me how to use chan bluetooth

Unless you have bluetooth that can do CTP the best you can do is use your cellphone as an FXS/FXO device.

AFAIK You cannot dial 345 on your cellphone and have extension 345 ring.

If you’re still interested then your first stop would be:
voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … h+channels

Read everything there, then head on over to bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8919 to get the download you need.

The latest version of chan_cellphone works with asterisk 1.4.4 so you’ll need to get that too (unless you want to try manually patch a later version).

Read the cellphone.txt file (bugs.digium.com/file_download.ph … 0&type=bug).

Grab the file chan_cellphone-22-1.4.4.patch.gz (bugs.digium.com/file_download.ph … 3&type=bug) and download it to your asterisk server.
Unzip the chan_celllphone file to /usr/src/
and unzip/untar asterisk to /usr/src/asterisk-1.4.4

now you should have:
/usr/src/asterisk-1.4.4/[asterisk files]
and /usr/src/

cd /usr/src/asterisk-1.4.4/
patch -p0 …/usr/src/chan_cellphone-22-1.4.4.patch (or something Very similar to this file)

The patch process will create a new file and modify a couple others.
From here you do the normal asterisk install…
./configure
make
make install

Check back to the cellphone.txt file for the CLI commands you can run.

Now you can modify your extensions.conf to have all the calls comming in on your cellphone go to your cordless phone/softclient/SIP service/wherevere and you can route calls you make to other cellphones to dial via your cellphone to take advantage of free minutes you might have or lower tariff costs.

Natively, chan_bluetooth might only support asterisk 1.2 - I’ve yet to test (maybe tonight), but follow this link for more info: forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=10202

Asterix resellers how have a way of adding SMS functionality.

Using Multi-Tech’s Cellular modems, text messages can be sent directly from an Asterix PBX.

Contact us now to find out more!

sales@multitech.co.uk

www.multitech.com

[quote=“Neil Reddy”]Asterix resellers how have a way of adding SMS functionality.

Using Multi-Tech’s Cellular modems, text messages can be sent directly from an Asterix PBX.

Contact us now to find out more!

sales@multitech.co.uk

www.multitech.com[/quote]

It’s Asterisk and NOT Asterix. If you claim to work with Asterisk at least learn how to spell it right.

I am succesfully using chan_mobile with bluetooth.
Incoming and outgoing calls + sms are working without any problems.
First i used a nokia 6310i from the office. But last week i bought me a cheap secondhand 6230i which i dedicatedly use in combination with asterisk

[quote=“imrow”]I am succesfully using chan_mobile with bluetooth.
Incoming and outgoing calls + sms are working without any problems.
First i used a nokia 6310i from the office. But last week i bought me a cheap secondhand 6230i which i dedicatedly use in combination with asterisk[/quote]
Hi imrow,
What version of asterisk are you running?
I thing only svn is capable of running chan_mobile or isn’t it?
I’ve managed to get it, compile it, use it. but I when I try CLI “mobile show devices” and thing I can use my Ericsson K700i, it tells me that I cannot use it.
hcitool and CLI “mobile scan” work both well.

Hello. I use Asterisk-1.4.18, so i downloaded the [color=blue]chan_cellphone-18.patch[/color]. I patched it and i get that 2 out of 3 hunks FAILED. (Hunk #1 FAILED at 6 and Hunk #2 FAILED at 183).
When i [color=violet]make menuselect[/color] and i get into menu, i see XXX chan_cellphone.
What mistake may i do ?

I downloaded asterisk with svn. I downloaded asterisk-addons, too.
When i try to make make menuselect or make for addons (in order to add bluetooth capability), i get errors in chan_mobile.c

Any idea ?

Perarg,
I’ve svn asterisk with chan_mobile and no problem arouse compiling.
After that it does not recognize my mobile phone and I’m working on it.

Sorry for this late answer, due to private circumstances.

Anyway i’m using svn trunk version (11-feb-2008) of both asterisk and the asterisk add-ons.
I did got everything running with the latest release and the patched chan_mobile version as well but i had some issues using the combination with freepbx. I had to use a beta version of freepbx which had some serious bugs.
With the trunk version i’m using i only have a minor latency problem when calling the mobile trunk directly. For me this is not serious because i’m only using the mobile as an outbound trunk.