How agents can be notified on X-lites when calls are coming

Dear Friends,

I really need your support on this particular issue. I have set up my asterisk machine and i am testing out a setup that can be used in a call center. I have configured the queues.conf, agents.conf, sip.conf, extensions.conf. At present agents can log-in and also calls are coming and also distributed among agents.

But my major challenge is that when agents log-in the music on hold starts playing and when a calls comes in it will not ring out on my SIP client instead, the music is silenced as a means to indicate that a call as just come in.

Please can someone help me on how i can make the SIP client indicate by ringing so that the agent can know that a call as come in.

Thanks.

Tosin

There should be a beep when the call is offered, and you can turn off the music.

If you want the phones to ring, they will be on hook when not in a call.

To do this, don’t use agents; simply list the technology/address string directly in the list of queue members. You can or could also use AgentCallbackLogin, but that is deprecated. There is, or was, documentation on how to simulate some of the features of AgentCalbackLogin, using Local channels, that used to be included with the source code.

Thanks David for the reply.
Kindly allow me to show you what I did and if there is a better way of doning it kindly please advice.

For agents.conf:
agent => 100, 101, mutual
agent => 200, 102, fred

For extensions.conf:
[Incoming]
exten => s,1, Answer
exten => s,2, Playback(“access”)
exten => s,3, Queue(test)

[outgoing]
exten => 101,1,Agentlogin (100)
exten => 102,1,Agentlogin (200)
exten => _XX…,1, dial (dahdi/g1/${EXTEN})

For queues.conf:

[test]
music = default
strategy = ringall
timeout = 15
wrapuptime = 10
announce-frequency = 30
announce-holdtime = yes
Joinempty = yes
member => Agent/100
member => Agent/200

For Sip.conf:

[100]
Username=100
secret=100
context=outgoing
host =dynamic
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
nat=yes

Same for sip 200.

Like I explain if calls comes in after an agent login the music plays and when the call connects the agent only know because the music will go slient and when call is ended the music starts again. But based on what I have in my configuration I want the SIP client to be able to ring for the agent to hear that a call is coming in. Please kindly help.
Thanks.
Tosin.

svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/bran … embers.tex

Thanks David for your reply. I have tried the implementation using the link you sent to me, but still faced with some challenges. At first am not an expert and i have to used the extensions.ael before, so am finding it a little difficult to implement and also it looks kind of advanced. But am very willing to learn and understand.

I will really appreciate if your can help in aiding my understanding regarding the challenges am facing.

Thanks.

Tosin.