Help with new setup!

Hi Guys,

First of all thank you for a great piece of software!

I have installed Asterisk via the Asterisk@Home v1.0 ISO CD, and have then added the SCCP2 module as I am runnign Cisco 7910’s. After a little bit of head scratching, I have got them to work with the module and they are logged in each with their own extension, and I can call between each of them with their own extension; I did this by adding lines such as this to the extensions.conf file:

exten => 1001,1,SetCalledParty(“Kitchen” <1001>)
exten => 1001,2,Dial(SCCP/Kitchen)
exten => 1001,3,Voicemail,u1001

However I’m now a bit lost as how to create a ‘group’, as I need one number to push the incoming calls from my VOIP provider down to (so all phones in the house will ring), and AMP doesn’t seem to help as it has no knowledge of the extensions (I couldn’t see a way of creating them as they are SCCP based devices).

And for some reason the VM doesn’t appear to work after the defined 30 seconds of ringing :cry:

Can anyone shed any light on how I am meant to do this?

Thanks in advacne
RTM

P.S Did get the Music on hold working, so must be doing something right! :smiley:

If your dialplan is:

[quote]exten => 1001,1,SetCalledParty(“Kitchen” <1001>)
exten => 1001,2,Dial(SCCP/Kitchen)
exten => 1001,3,Voicemail,u1001 [/quote]

Then you’ll never be sent to Voicemail because Dial doesn’t have a default timeout. It’ll ring until the cows come home. :smile: If you want a 30 second timeout, you want to modify your second line to look like:

As for groups… there’s a fancypants way to do it which will drive any roommates or significant others nuts, or there’s the simple way that works fine for home and SOHO (and will work more like a traditional home phone).

For the simple way, use our old friend ampersand (&) in your dial instruction.

For example, in my dialplan, extension 4000 will ring all available handsets:

exten => 4000,1,Dial(SIP/4005&SIP/4014&SIP/4003&SIP/4103,20)

With this setup, whomever picks up first gets the call, and the rest of the phones stop ringing as soon as someone does.