Help With AudioCodes Passing digits

I can’t figure this out. Some help here would greatly be appreciated as I know not where else to post.

If I make a call through my AudioCodes MP108 to an external AutoAttendant that requires I make a selection in the menu from my keypad it doesn’t work. I know it is this particular piece of equipment because If I call from the same phone through the same PBX (Asterisk) and use a different gateway the call is successful.

What setting must be made in the AudioCodes setup in order to allow this sort of scenario?

Where is this external system and how do you get to it - through a phone line, a PRI, a SIP provider? It is possible that DTMF is not being passed.

Phone (polycom)>>Switch
Asterisk>>Switch
AudioCodes>>Switch

All on the same network.

When connected to the Audiocodes though a browser, go to Protocol Management, Protocol Definition, DTMF and Dialing.

What is set for “Declare RFC 2833 in SDP” and what is set for " 1st Tx DTMF Option?"

In the MP 108 it is a little different than the MP118 as seen below.

Max Digits In Phone Num = 4
Inter Digit Timeout [sec] = 4
Use Out-of-Band DTMF = No
Out-of-Band DTMF Format = Info. (Cisco)
Declare RFC 2833 in SDP = Yes
DTMF RFC 2833 Negotiation = Enable
RFC 2833 Payload Type = 96
Digit Mapping Rules =
Dial Tone Duration [sec] = 16
Hotline Dial Tone Duration [sec] = 16
Enable Special Digits = Disable
Default Destination Number = 1000

Then I am out of ideas - that’s what works for us.

Man I sure hope someone can help me. I have tried a few other things but none of them seem to work. Maybe if I throw it out the window.

audiocodes:
Use Out-of-Band DTMF = No
Out-of-Band DTMF Format = Info. (Cisco)
Declare RFC 2833 in SDP = No
DTMF RFC 2833 Negotiation = Disable
RFC 2833 Payload Type = 101

• sip.conf
    dtmfmode=inband
    and maybe
    relaxdtmf=yes

or (better way)

audiocodes:
Use Out-of-Band DTMF = Yes
Out-of-Band DTMF Format = RFC2833 (i don’t know if thats the right way to declare it)
Declare RFC 2833 in SDP = Yes
DTMF RFC 2833 Negotiation = Enable
RFC 2833 Payload Type = 101

• sip.conf
    dtmfmode=rfc2833
    or
    dtmfmode=auto

basically- dtmf payload type for rfc2833 should as i recall always be 101. it shouldnt declare rfc2833 if its not going to use it (use out of band dtmf=off) and if its going to / not going to send dtmf as RFC2833 then Asterisk should know this.

Also I’ve never dealt with audiocodes stuff so i dont know if I’m doing those configs right but hopefully you get the right idea?

Thanks a million. The first example is what I did so inband was the trick that works good enough for me.