DTMF recognition

Hi,

On TDM22B(2fxs, 2fxo) , my internal phones and a sip soft phones are recognizing dtmf. But, for the pots incoming call , asterisk is able to play audio, not recognizing dtmf tones. I tried “relaxdtmf” option in zapata.conf, it is not helping. My incoming line is a VOIP sevice provider if this info will help you. Please help.

regards

did you try dtmfmode=inband in the extension’s config?

Hi,

Somebody please post a working solution. which dtmf option will work with pstn incoming lines? I tried with available options like inband, info, rfc2833 in zapata.conf and nothing seemed to work. My locally attached phone line and softphones from sip are ok. Also, let me know which file(zapata, extensions) to mention these options and in which section (globals, general etc).
Is it anything to do with my firewall or NAT? The audio is played back fine on pstn line.

regards

Hi,

Oh. By the way mine is asterisk 1.4.19.1 and zaptel 1.4.10 on openSuse 10.3.

fyi

Hi,

I’m debugging with rtp debug and not seeing incoming packets. could be a firewall issue. working on it.

regards

Hi,

I think rtp debug is only for SIP based phones. I still have the pstn issue.

hi,

I figured that my voip adapter from my phone provider was twisting the tones.

fyi

How did you figure it out?

simple! just hear the tones if you have good ears :smile:

Hi,

Still, I have a X-lite softphone that is working within the local wi-fi network, I have a problem across internet. If the softphone is outside the NAT, I could send audio to the phone, but could not receive the dtmf digits. Somehow they got missed. Can someone help me on this? To which port of asterisk I have to forward to get digits?

regards

Hi,

Somebody please help!!! From what I understand, the external softphone is sending (somehow missing NAT) its IP as a local address (starting like 192.168.) and the asterisk code in chan_sip.c is trying to send the replies to this non-existent local address. Is it possible to set up this x-lite(or any softphone for that matter) so that they identify themselves as external IP address?