Help setting up Asterisk!

[quote]#./configure #make [/quote]

After “make” I am getting the same error as before.

Makefile:179: *** missing separator. Stop. make: *** [main] Error 2 [root@R24S-PBX asterisk-1.6.0.20]#

[quote]and hope

That line in the make file correspond to make clean when delete all about astdb, very strange.

try with this file megaupload.com/?d=I775G2W0 put in subfolder main.

Okay, I downloaded the file and started from scratch. Now I am getting a different error.

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `bridging.o', needed by `asterisk'. Stop. make: *** [main] Error 2 [root@R24S-PBX asterisk-1.6.0.20]#

Does installing Asterisk normally consist of this much troubleshooting?

Nope, googling I see this page and you can see some bugs in RH, normally the preferred Distro is Centos and the install is very easy.

What about Suse or Ubunto?

Not sure, at now I only use mandriva, centos or fedora, but for fancy use and script or iaxmodem only centos do a easy install for me.

I am really needing to figure this out. I am working on one for testing. Then once I have it configured I will need to configure 35 more.

I really recommend you CentOS. Very Stable the most boxes like trixbox use it.

Which version of CentOS are you using?

From 5.2 to 5.4 versions in the older servers running 5.2

What about using AsteriskNow? What is the difference between that and what I am trying to accomplish?

AsteriskNow is a box distro of asterisk like trixbox, elastisk etc. The difference is you not compile anything and you have a web-GUI.

But in most cases custom applications or scritps may not work.

I will say CentOS I have two running and they were set up (including running as non-root) in twenty min. No Problems. Can I ask what you are going to do with 35 asterisk boxes?

I have 35 locations that currently are running standard analog systems. We are looking to convert them to VOIP systems.

Yes, is a compiler issue, I was download the RH9 CDs and installed in VBox Machine and finally compiled asterisk successfully; follow this:

1.-Select Custom installation
2.-Disable the Firewall, put your time zone, password etc.
3.-When prompted for selecting application select:
Server configurations tools
Sql servers
Network server
Development tools
Kernel Developments
Administration tools
System tools
And select individual packages for install the dependencies:
bison
cvs
gcc
kernel-source
libtermcap-devel
newt-devel
ncurses-devel
openssl096b
openssl-devel
readline41
readline-devel

When your system is up login and:

Download and install make-3.8
Download and install gcc-4.1.2 --it will late about 40 minutes–

Download zaptel,asterisk-1.4.28 and add-ons and compile with normal commands.
And you got it!

Hey navaismo,

I finally got it loaded thanks to your help. I really appreciate it. Now I just have to figure out how to configure asterisk. I also installed asterisk-gui, I felt it may be easier for me to navigate.