[HELP] New install, Digium Wildcard X100P [UPDATE]

i have installed *
i have a X100p single line card.

when i run ztcfg
i get

Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device ‘/dev/zap/ctl’

i am thinking my card is not beeing seen. is there a debug tool / command that i can run just to see if the card is seen by the system?

I want a box to do surveys, for testing I am using a single line card and an unlimited VOIP phone line.

i had this happen when i installed my tdm11b card because i installed it after installing AAH. i think you need to install the zaptel drivers…

I have re compiled the zaptel and still get this error, i guessing. but the first time i complied it the card was not installed.

i did run
make clean
make install

looking at make clean looks like it removes all the old stuff (files n such) and because the make install finsh with out errors i am not sure how to see if the card is installed.

did you reboot?

i have b4 but just to be sure i wil agian

might want to remake and reinstall from the asterisk tree too…

[Tip] might want to remake and reinstall from the asterisk tree too…
[Result] Done, no different.

Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device ‘/dev/zap/ctl’

1 error(s) detected

[root@server1 galbano]#

Also I am doing this in root, I would like to set up a user, but for now I just would like to see it work.

Ha, I remember the other gotcha!

Look at:

/etc/udev/rules.d

when I did a yum -y update after my AAH install, since there were no
zap cards, it deleted some juju from this file. diff’ing the file with the rpmsave version should clue you in. i don’t remember what specifically
i had to change.

running yum now, i will check but i am a little fuzzy on that file. can you give me a litte more info on what i am looking for

btw thanks for your help!!

i honestly can’t remember. there was a one-line or so diff to apply. you wanted the line that is in the rpmsave file (if it isn’t there.) i also found something in /var/lib in the bowels of the asterisk code that said this can also happen if the permissions aren’t right for the udev stuff.

/var/build_aah/asterisk_src/zaptel/README.udev

[quote=“dswartz”]i honestly can’t remember. there was a one-line or so diff to apply. you wanted the line that is in the rpmsave file (if it isn’t there.) i also found something in /var/lib in the bowels of the asterisk code that said this can also happen if the permissions aren’t right for the udev stuff.

/var/build_aah/asterisk_src/zaptel/README.udev[/quote]

yep, I had exactly that same prob and after DAYS of hunting the udev stuff did the trick :laughing: