Help me, I get the below error?

Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)

I have ONLY asterisk running in my Ubuntu-9.04 server version on my desktop.

How do I fix this?

Hello,

If you did not execute “make config” after you executed “make” and “make install” you would want to make sure Asterisk starts at boot. Here are the two ways you could easily do this:

got to /usr/src/asterisk-x-x (where you compiled asterisk after you extracted the tarball and went through the

make clean
./configure
make menuselect
make
make install

now you need to execute

make config

-OR-

chkconfig asterisk on

Also you could run “safeasterisk -cvvvvvvp” to see if you can get it cranked up. Your mileage may vary depending on what ails your Asterisk.

If you have done this go to /var/log/asterisk and take a look at “full” or “messages”. These are the default log files for Asterisk. Perhaps you can glean something here.

BTW, you can get a used “Asterisk for Dummies” book on Amazon for cheap. I usually give this book to people after I install an Asterisk system for them. It’s a good basic reference and cuts out a lot of crap that newbies don’t need to be hit with right away. You can also download a pdf version of the O’Reilly book “Asterisk The Future of Telephony”. Make sure you download the 2nd Edition. There are a few errors in this book so take some output mismatches (especially with zaptel/zapata) with a grain of salt. On page 48 of this book insert “make” after “make menuselect” and before “make install”; this trips up a lot of newbies.

Best regards,

Ike

This was my messages, how do I fix this?

Still I’m struck with this error:
/var/log/asterisk$ sudo tail messages
[Oct 14 13:58:27] WARNING[12961] res_smdi.c: No SMDI interfaces are available to listen on, not starting SMDI listener.
[Oct 14 13:58:27] NOTICE[12961] res_odbc.c: Adding ENV var: INFORMIXSERVER=my_special_database
[Oct 14 13:58:27] NOTICE[12961] res_odbc.c: Adding ENV var: INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix
[Oct 14 13:58:27] NOTICE[12961] res_odbc.c: res_odbc loaded.
[Oct 14 13:58:27] WARNING[12961] cdr_addon_mysql.c: Unable to load config for mysql CDR’s: cdr_mysql.conf
[Oct 14 13:58:27] ERROR[12961] chan_vpb.cc: No Voicetronix cards detected
[Oct 14 13:58:27] ERROR[12961] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Failed to connect database server on (err 2002). Check debug for more info.
[Oct 14 13:58:27] WARNING[12961] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Couldn’t establish connection. Check debug.
[Oct 14 13:58:27] NOTICE[12961] config.c: Registered Config Engine mysql
[Oct 14 13:58:27] ERROR[12961] chan_oh323.c: H.323 listener creation failed.

Help me!