Help make a list of FREE SIP/IAX con. in diff countries

Hi you all.
I am trying to get a togheter a list of providers of free SIP/IAX providers in as many countries as possible.

I am setting up a PBX on campus, and this has evolved some. First I just wanted to set it up for my dorm, but now I feel my dorm might score some points with the ladies if we can provide them with cheap phonecalls:-), and yahh I enjoy the learning as well.

All joke aside, we would like to hook up a cuople of more dorms, our campus is a fairly mixed inverimont with students from a variety of countries. So if we could get a list going that would be great.

To get it all started I present:

U.K:
courtesy of baconbuttie

sipgate.co.uk

Italy and Romanian:
courtesy of mr.gtcleaves

www.skypho.net

Pls add the one youknows

If anyone knows any resource sites that might have more on this topic pls post that as well.

I am hoping we can get this thread going.

so what exactly are the pages at voip-info.org for ? it’s generally accepted that the wiki is the place for this kind of info, not on a thread.

i have another half-dozen ‘free’ providers i use, but they are all mentioned on the wiki … where i found them … so why waste time putting them here ?

if you’re too lazy to go look yourself for information, i doubt your ‘project’ is going to get far.

Thx for the kind words, baconbutt.

Guess I have done the terrible mistake of being a noob and not followed the kotymè of this forum. Well what can I say, except noob.

Will read up on the wiki, and once again thx for the kind words bb

oh no, did the nasty forum people not do your research for you ??

Ohh Iamthefunnyguythatareroodtoothertogetcredonforums:-)

As I said I was no aware of all the info thatvoip-info.org contains.
And even though I have read up there seems to be a few providers that are not listed there yet. I have researched other forums/sites as well, chatted with lots of people, justbeen a good boy and done my reasearch:-)

I will make a list myself and I will post it here when I am done.

Also I am writing a noob giude (actually my own notes to give me a better understanding of Voip and asterisk), which I will also post when I am done to help other noob’s. See sharing is not a bad thing, baconbutt.

www.v2.com.mx

in mexico

Voxbone - voxbone.com - is a good one for DIDs.

Muppetmaster, i’ve just checked out the site of voxbone.

how exactly this service can help out an smb? f.ex. we have extensive phone activity to & from the czech republic. How can their DID channels exactly reduce our costs? I’m not sure i got their point , their documentation being a bit obscure for non-geeks. Thanks

Ok, no need for me to write any noob guide, Good ol’ O’Reily have taken care of that, so while I am reading up on the exciting world of Asterisk and VoIP, pls keep 'em links coming.

And if you don’t have the free Asterisk book in pdf, make sure you get it. This is good reading.

Enjoy

And thx for the links.

[quote=“iasterix”]Muppetmaster, i’ve just checked out the site of voxbone.

how exactly this service can help out an smb? f.ex. we have extensive phone activity to & from the czech republic. How can their DID channels exactly reduce our costs? I’m not sure i got their point , their documentation being a bit obscure for non-geeks. Thanks[/quote]

This service allows your SMB to have local numbers in various geographies for your clients and partners to call. If this is already a requirement, then this saves cost. If not, then it may be a way of providing greater communication with your ecosystem.