[HELP] Live streaming music on hold but without mpg123?

Hi,

I’ve been trying to figure out how to use a live Internet stream (e.g., a radio station that broadcasts on the Internet) as my music on hold, but without using mpg123.

I’m using Asterisk v1.2, and if I add these lines to my musiconhold.conf file, it works, but I need to use an application that has no limitations on distribution (which mpg123 does).

[StreamInternal]
mode=custom
application=/usr/bin/mpg123bin -q -s --mono -r 8000 -f 4096 -Z wbur-sc.streamguys.com:80/

I’ve tried using streamplayer, which is a utility that comes with Asterisk, but it never seems to connect and after a minute or so, music on hold stops by itself. Even when I invoke streamplayer from the Linux command line, I get nothing and streamplayer just exits after a minute or so.

I also tried using madplay, but it doesn’t seem to recognize a URL as a source for music.

Thanks,
Anna

Any luck getting this to work? I too would be interested in this.

Thanks

KM

I have the same problem did you every get it working? I have not been able to find much information on streamplayer.

Tried this?

http://mpg321.sourceforge.net/

Lame has command line options and this is propbably the most popular option out there.

lame.sourceforge.net/

I m currently using Exact Audio Copy which uses LAME as an external compressor.

KM