Hangup with * on the Queue application

Hello,

Is there any way to disable the feature which allows the agent to hangup a call received via the queue application using the * key?

Works for me. What problem are you having?

I want to disable this feature, so when the agent dials *, nothing will happen (instead of the default behavior, where the agent dials * and the call is closed). The only problem is that I don’t know how.

Not sure if it is a configurable parameter, but you are always able to dive in and change the code.

Check out the Queue options here: asteriskguru.com/tutorials/queue.html

the h option allows the called party to hangup by pressing the *
the H option allows the caller to hangup by pressing the *

So not setting the h option should do what you want (I haven’t tried it yet). So setting your extension to:

exten => xxx,1,Queue(|H) should do the trick.

genspecifict, I think I haven’t made myself understood.

Yes, the h and H options allow the caller/called to hangup using *. My problem is that the queue does not have any of h/H options activated, but still the called person (the agent that answered the phone) hangs the call when it dials *, and this is something that I want to disable.

[quote=“vixtor”]genspecifict, I think I haven’t made myself understood.

Yes, the h and H options allow the caller/called to hangup using *. My problem is that the queue does not have any of h/H options activated, but still the called person (the agent that answered the phone) hangs the call when it dials *, and this is something that I want to disable.[/quote]

Correct the H/h only apply to an active call, where as the ‘*’ in this case is referring to the ability of the agent to exit the queue. I have searched and do not see this as a configurable parameter anywhere (may anyone find it?), this should be configurable for a number of reasons.

It would appear that a feature request is in order for future releases. As this would be a perfect option to move to the ‘features.conf’ file.