Hangup on bad channel

Hi Guys,

Firstly I am a complet newbie to asterisk and have inherited an existing system to look after so please dont presume I know anything.

The system was running fine until our supplier dropped our lines, when they brought them back up the day after we are having the following issue:

One of the contexts is a simple call transfer so any inbound to a specific number is transfered to our office number. This all works but on hangup we get the following:

WARNING[1148] chan_dahdi.c: Hangup on bad channel 0/2 on span 1

WARNING[1148] chan_dahdi.c: Call specified, but not found?

Does this mean there is an issue with one of the channels after they brought the lines back up? Is there something I can do to further investigate.

Advanced thanks for any help.

Just to add this only appears to be happinge through this context. Other contexts that are doing a transfer to another number do not appear to be affected

Having a similar problem with asterisk too, if anyone has had experience with troubleshooting this error it would be very helpful.

Has the ip address changed since then? This could be a problem. Did you try restarting the system to see if that works? Those are the only two ideas I have. There needs to be a support line or support chat line for help? Have you looked at other small business voip systems?

Thanks for the suggestions Ronald, however the IP has not changed and we had tried restarting asterisk previously to see if that was needed and it didn’t seem to do anything. I will have another try when I get chance.

In case its of any use to anyone our asterisk etc. details are:

Asterisk 1.6.2.4 built by root @ sms-1.3gmm.biz on a x86_64 running Linux on 2010-02-21 23:20:17 UTC
Linux version 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 (mockbuild@builder6.centos.org) (gcc version 4. 1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14))
dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.1+2.2.1
libpri-1.4.10.2
wanpipe-3.5.10

;autogenerated by /usr/sbin/wancfg_dahdi do not hand edit
;autogenrated on 2010-02-21
;Dahdi Channels Configurations
;For detailed Dahdi options, view /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf.bak

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no