I work for a small company and we are about to replace our PBX. I am exploring replacing it with Asterisk, and am learning how much there is to learn about deploying this solution.
Here is what I am looking at and any recomendation would be appreciated. The growth I expect to happen over the next 1-3 years.
7 analog lines (plus 1 fax line) coming in
want to be able to expand to 20 inbound lines
need 20 phones (extensions) today
expand to 40
no hardware for asterisk server - recommendations?
implementation of the features one would expect
- inbound/outbound dialing
- transfer ability
- voice mail
- receptionist phone
- conference calling
- and probably things I have not thought of that are standard
If you would indulge me, I have a couple of questions to help me cut through a lot of the decisions that I need to make:
- What phone works best with Asterisk and is relieable/affordable
- What size server should I buy for this
- expect 5-10 concurrent calls
- What hardware do I need to interface to incoming telephone lines
- At what point should I think about upgrading to a T1
- besides cost of course
- what hardware would I need then for the interface
Would be happy to provide more information if I have missed something. And I appreciate any help.
Next, I am probably also going to be looking for help implementing the solution…so, if you or your company would like to talk about implementation services…please reply with your contact info and I’ll send/call. Or you can PM me in this forum.