Get dtmfmode=info working with asterisk

dtmfmode=info is the only DTMF mode that works 100% with outgoing calls. However, this must be set specifically in the extension.
Is there any way whatsoever to get dtmfmode=info to work with internal calls? For example, once I set dtmf to info on the extension, I try to call into voicemail or even my own automated system but the IVR doesnt respond to the DTMFs pressed.
These are linksys phones so I set DTMF specifically to info on the GUI, and it didn’t do anything. Right now it is sitting on Auto.

But if there’s a way to get info to play with asterisk- it would help so many users here

Thanks

I do not see the problem.
I have multiple local devices configured to use rfc2833 (including Linksys ATA) and at the same time I have SIP INFO set for one of my providers and rfc2833 for the others.
Internal IVR works fine as well.

Mainly the problem happens with Vitelity. I am in new York and they’re in Denver so since there’s a lot of latency, those dtmf’s are messed up unless I set the trunk to inband. Problem with inband is that when I call other people who use Vitelity, I cannot press buttons in their IVR. It simply doesn’t work.
Setting dtmfmode=info in the trunk and not on the extension is the same thing as using RFC2833. That’s what my problem is with Vitelity. I tried switching providers but Vitelity was just simply made for me.

Mainly the problem happens with Vitelity. I am in new York and they’re in Denver so since there’s a lot of latency, those dtmf’s are messed up unless I set the trunk to inband. Problem with inband is that when I call other people who use Vitelity, I cannot press buttons in their IVR. It simply doesn’t work.
Setting dtmfmode=info in the trunk and not on the extension is the same thing as using RFC2833. That’s what my problem is with Vitelity. I tried switching providers but Vitelity was just simply made for me.