Frequent resets on PRI

Hallo everyone,

I’m from South Africa and we have been using Asterisk in a production environment with 35 users for 2 weeks now. Overall we are very happy with the results; there are only 4 problems we are having:

1.) We are experiencing frequent resets on our PRI (E1) line. This is very anoying since customers calls are dropped when this is happening.

2.) We are getting echo when a user phones into the box from an analogue line. When phoning from a digital line all is well.

3.) The volume on the voice recording of the channel on our side is too low, how can we increase this? The channel on the client’s side is fine.

4.) Faxes received through Asterisk are not clear, they are broken up sometimes.

I’m using Asterisk with a TE110P T1/E1 Card on a E1 line.

Any suggestions on how to resolve these problems will be greatly appreciated!

Here is a copy of my zapata.conf:

[channels]

context=from-pstn ;config for Sangoma A101 with onramp30
overlapdial=yes
priindication = outofband
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=pri_cpe

echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=800
faxdetect=incoming
rxgain=0
txgain=2.5
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no

group=0
channel => 1-15,17-31 ; Set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1

Thanks for any help!

CW

[quote]We are experiencing frequent resets on our PRI (E1) line. This is very anoying since customers calls are dropped when this is happening.
[/quote]
In my case this problem was due clock sync between PSTN and TE110P. Issue was resolved editing /etc/zaptel.conf:
to: span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3

Maybe is same case.

Thanks Martin,

I have changed the timing as requested - now it seems the resets happens more than before! Therefore I changed ot back. Someone else posted this:

Change the value in zapata.canf as follow:

resetinterval = never

I have tried that and I’m keeping my thumbs now.

Just out of curiosity, are you from SA as well?

Regards

CW