Error loading module

I downloaded and successfully compiled openwrt SVN trunk with asterisk 1.4.17. I did install both the openwrt firmware + asterisk onto my LaFonera WiFi router and it is now up running with asterisk. The log file shows some error messages regarding the modules loading as follows:

[Feb 17 23:55:52] NOTICE[1327] cdr.c: CDR simple logging enabled. [Feb 17 23:55:53] NOTICE[1327] loader.c: 48 modules will be loaded. [Feb 17 23:55:53] WARNING[1327] res_smdi.c: No SMDI interfaces are available to listen on, not starting SMDI listener. [Feb 17 23:55:53] WARNING[1327] loader.c: Error loading module 'codec_gsm.so': File not found [Feb 17 23:55:53] WARNING[1327] loader.c: Error loading module 'res_jabber.so': File not found [Feb 17 23:55:53] WARNING[1327] loader.c: Module 'codec_gsm.so' did not register itself during load [Feb 17 23:55:53] WARNING[1327] loader.c: Module 'codec_gsm.so' could not be loaded. [Feb 17 23:55:53] WARNING[1327] loader.c: Module 'res_jabber.so' did not register itself during load [Feb 17 23:55:53] WARNING[1327] loader.c: Module 'res_jabber.so' could not be loaded.
I have both load => codec_gsm.so and load => chan_gtalk.so specified in the /etc/asterisk/modules.conf file. And, when I listed the /usr/lib/asterisk/modules directory, both the codec_gsm.so and res_jabber.so files were there. Up to this point, I am puzzled why these two modules refuse to load when asterisk is starting. Does anyone here know what causes these two modules not to load and how to fix this?

You are getting file not found errors so asterisk is not finding the file, or it might be that asterisk is not able to open file.

What are the modules really called? Have a look in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and make sure that the exact name of the module is in modules.conf.

You might also want to do an ls -l and make sure the permissions are the same as something that does load.

One other thought, in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf, where do you have asterisk looking for the modules? It might not be the stock /usr/lib/asterisk/modules…

I got the problem fixed a few hours after I posted this thread. Thanks for your response.