DTMF problems with TE120

I’m using asterisk 1.4.21.2

when dialing out with the TE120, I’m having unreliable DTMF experiences, some IVRS work, some do not. in the sence that DTMF recognition is not optimal. For instance, when pressing a digit a tad too long, will result in the IVR seeing 2 digits.

I have gone through most of the variables:

relaxdtmf=yes
toneduration=500, 1000 (is it good to try 2000?)

also I have set only alaw and ulaw on all extension which are gxp2000’s but also softphones have this problem, which leads me to assume it’s not on the extension side.

I would create a support ticket for this, as this is a very urgent problem, but I am in now way able to retrieve the Serial Number (remote location on customer’s side. No Access whatsoever).

I would be very appreciative of anyone that can help me… maybe even a moderator/staff member can still open up a support ticket for this.

Thank you.

edit: I forgot to mention I also tried all dtmfmode settings in the sip.conf file and it does not make any difference.

You should try changing the DTMF mode from your sip.conf and your phone configuration. I have some similar issues with Linsys PAP2t to control a door via Asterisk and i was solved changing the dtmf to inband.

Good luck.

OrvUx

Thanks for the reply,

but I already tried all dtmfmode settings in sip.conf (look at edit: part in original post).

i’m talkin about to change in both sides, your sip.conf and your phone/ata configuration. and yes i was already read the edited part of your original post. Come on Be more sensitive i’m trying to help you.

Good luck.

OrvUx

I know you are trying to help me and I appreaciate it. I did thank you and I thank you again. I don’t know how ‘sensitive’ I need to be.

[quote=“orvux”]i’m talkin about to change in both sides, your sip.conf and your phone/ata configuration. and yes i was already read the edited part of your original post. Come on Be more sensitive i’m trying to help you.

Good luck.

OrvUx[/quote]