Double Ring

Hi,

Apologies for the easy question but yesterday upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6 and now when I ring an external number instead of the usual ‘ring-ring’ that I received in my handset I receive a single ‘ring’.

I would assume it’s a regional option of sorts but for the life of me cannot find where.

Regards
Byron

Just to be clear, I’m referring to the handset of the calling phone not the called phone.

Regards
Byron

Why did you upgrade from one obsolete version to another obsolete version?

indications.conf contains the regional tone options, however the real difference may be between early media, for call progress, and internally generated ringback tone.

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, although, and unfortunately, the indications.conf file is already set correctly i.e the UK.

To answer your question as to why 1.6, I had a requirement for the the ‘Bridge’ command available in 1.6 otherwise I would have happily stayed on 1.4 which has been happily meeting my requirements for the past few years. I don’t think I’ll be requiring 1.8 anytime in the future unless I’m forced to upgrade, such as I am now.

Could you please explain what you meant by the earlier media you referred to?

Regards
Byron

Normal bugs will not get fixed in any version of 1.6 and security support will stop in about a year.

I believe there was a change in 1.6 that means that if the downstream system signal in band call progress (183 Progress), it will be ignored unless the dialplan has issued the Progress() application. This means you will, by default, hear the phone’s ringback tone, rather than the network’s one.

Thank you!

I found this page upon your info: voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … ressinband and this resolved my issue. prematuremedia=no

Regards
Byron