DISA w/ variable outgoing caller ID

Hello;

I have a few sales people out on the road who call into the office via a toll free number and then back out. Currently when they do this, I have had to set the outgoing caller ID to our general number or as “private”. It would be desirable to have their own DID number displayed so when people call them back, they get their own mailboxes instead of the general mailbox.

Because this particular group of individuals are not that savvy when it comes to anything related to technology, I would also like to have them login with their existing extenion and voicemail passwords. In the past, I have setup several DISA entires mirroring their voicemail passwords. This works fine until someone changes their voicemail password. Also, when someone leaves the company, it would be desirable not to have to delete more than one entry in our PBX.

A solution which as worked for us for some time, has been an entry in our /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf file:

[from-internal-custom]
exten => 8888,1,Answer()
exten => 8888,2,Read(ext_num,vm-extension)
exten => 8888,3,Wait(1)
exten => 8888,4,VMAuthenticate(${ext_num})
exten => 8888,5,DISA(no-password|from-internal|"Private" <0000000000>)
exten => 8888,6,Hangup()

While this works very well, it doesn’t seem to offer us the opportunity to modify the outgoing caller ID as the particular sales person’s DID number.

I have searched high and low for a variable to place on the DISA line, but have had no success. Any and all help/input appreciated.

Jay

Installed:
Asterisk 1.4.21.2
FreePBX 2.4.1.0
DISA Module 2.4.0.3

You can try setting their CID in to ASTDB and then use their vm account as a variable in ASTDB to produce their CID and set it.