DISA not working directly (resolved)

I have Asterisk SVN-branch-1.2-r39081 wtih freepbx. somehow DISA is not working for me when I set an incoming DID to disa. However when I use same number and redirect it to callback which puts me in DISA then it works fine.
When directly forwarding the number to DISA, on CLI I can see that asterisk is executing playback of ‘enter password’ however I don’t hear a thing. And even after I enter the digits, it doesn’t take it and just times out.
Confusing part is same disa works when i set it to callback. So when I get callback from asterisk, it still executes same conditions and I can hear everything fine and even enter digits to get internal dial tone.

Here is extensions.conf

[disa]
include => disa-custom
exten => 1,1,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
exten => 1,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
exten => 1,n,Playback(enter-password)
exten => 1,n,DISA(/etc/asterisk/disa-1.conf|from-internal)
exten => 1,n(end),Hangup

any leads would be helpful.

In my case, when a caller presses a particular digit as response to the digital receptionist, it goes to a disa. But the disa it execute is not the one I created. It execute the same disa as you posted. I suggest you create a custom section that has your disa inside to avoid this problem.

but my other disa config would be same as this one… so wondering why does this one not work ?

i found that it was ipkall’s fault. somehow that was giving me dead air when I called using their trunk. as soon as I switched to stanaphone, disa worked perfectly…