We implemented SwitchVox PBX (ver 7, 101700) & 30 phones (D62 & D65s) last week.
Ever since we went live, some phones become randomly unreachable/unregistered for up to 30 minutes.
Here are the symptoms:
- There is no pattern as to which phones will disconnect or become “unreachable” every 2 to 4 hours.
- Phones are In various parts of the buildings, connected via different network paths.
- POE connection stays live.
- The ICMP ping to the phones stays up ( we are monitoring via Zabbix)
- UDP connections to phones stay up. Running
nc -z -v -u 192.168.20.50 55062&&
nc -z -v -u 192.168.20.50 5060, return success
- Connecting to phones on port 80, get’s me to GUI on the phone ( which is disabled, but it’s up)
- Between 2 and 9 phones would disconnect/unregister
- The connection restores all on its own ( we can also reboot the phone, and it reconnects as well)
- I monitor unregistered status via SNMP + Zabbix, to
- I’m running an
snampwalk, against my PBX every 10 minutes, to see which phones become unregistered ( that’s how I know it’s random every time)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Our network runs on HP OfficeConnect switches (1850s for POE & 1920s) and Endian Firewall, all equipments runs on UPSes (power is stable)