Digium G729 codec and license

Hi,

I’ve bought 3 licenses for the G729a codec direct from digium. They are all installed properly. When I type in ‘show g729’ I get the following from the asterisk console:

3/0 encoders/decoders of 3 licensed channels are currently in use

Firstly, should all 3 encoders always be in use? Using any other codec my incomming and outgoing calls work perfectly. If I enable the G729 codec I start to get wierd results. For example, someone calls in, they can’t hear the IVR or the agent when the phone is answered, however the agent can hear the caller. The next strange thing is outgoing calls using G729a. I can hear the person I’m calling but they can’t hear me, however it would seem that DTMF tones can be sent and heard???

At first I thought it was a NAT or port issue, but it can’t be because it would cause the other codecs to have the same problem. Do I not have enough licenses or something?

Thanks

Its all sorted. I had to uggrade my asterisk version and download the i386 arch codec.

[quote=“sulphy”]Hi,

I’ve bought 3 licenses for the G729a codec direct from digium. They are all installed properly. When I type in ‘show g729’ I get the following from the asterisk console:

3/0 encoders/decoders of 3 licensed channels are currently in use

Firstly, should all 3 encoders always be in use? Using any other codec my incomming and outgoing calls work perfectly. If I enable the G729 codec I start to get wierd results. For example, someone calls in, they can’t hear the IVR or the agent when the phone is answered, however the agent can hear the caller. The next strange thing is outgoing calls using G729a. I can hear the person I’m calling but they can’t hear me, however it would seem that DTMF tones can be sent and heard???

At first I thought it was a NAT or port issue, but it can’t be because it would cause the other codecs to have the same problem. Do I not have enough licenses or something?

Thanks[/quote]

I am have the same issue…I added more codecs from Digium. I don’t think upgrading asterisk is the only solution out there and hope that others have suggestions. What we are seeing is 503 service unavailables when trying to send calls out. Please advise.