Dial from PC

Hi!

I’ve set a simple Asterisk with an ISDN interface (chan-capi) for dialing out and internal SIP phones.

One one SIP there is a normal analogous telephone through the Grandstream HandyTone-286 connected.

I often search my numbers from my PC. So it would be great if I could dial the number from the PC but could telephone with the ordinary phone (through HandyTone).

I tried the following: The “normal” SIP phone has the contect “internal”. Then I created another SIP entry with the contect “dialout”. In dialout I want to call the other internal phone and the external number and connect them.
So I could dial from my PC with a simple Softphone but I need not to phone with it, only dial :wink: - I hope you know what I mean.

The problem is: How can I do this?

; call from the PC
; only a "call-request", phone to sip1
[dialout]
exten => _X.,1,Answer()
exten => _X.,2,Dial(SIP/sip1&CAPI/contr1/${EXTEN}/bo)
exten => _X.,3,Hangup()

But this does not work.

How to modify this dialplan?

Or is there a better solution for my problem?

Thanks in advance,
divB

PS: The best thing would be if the external call (through CAPI) would begin after the connection to the other SIP phone has established.

PHP code hack it up and pass a VAR with for the number

voipjots.com/2006/02/click-t … khome.html

Or use this
nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=77

With both you Just point the exten to the PHONE you want to ring
The phone will ring you pick it up and outbound call is placed…

Thanks a lot for your quick response!

I’ve not yet looked at it/tried it but seems to be that what I’ve been looking for!

This methods seems even better than having a whole softphone just for dialing :wink:

If using Outlook, try AstTapi sourceforge.net/projects/asttapi
I’ve been using it for a few months now and it has been stable.

Yeah, seems exactly to be the thing I’m looking for!!

Thanks a lot for this tip!

Shame on me for using outlook, I have to use it because of synching with my PDA…