Customizing Asterisk Queue Announcement

Hello,
I want to customize asterisks queue so that It can play periodic announcement in Persian language .
because of style of Persian language , Just translating the announcement is not enough .
I want to know if there is any way to customize Asterisk Queue code so that it plays my customized messages?

for example for playing periodic announcement for second caller It first playbacks the file “youareinthe” , then playback “firsofthree” and at last playbacks “inthequeue” …

thanks

Modify the source code. I think Asterisk’s grammatical localisation is mainly limited to numbers. Certainly the word order is hard coded in app_queue.c, but it shouldn’t be difficult for somnone with basic C skills to change it, and you could probably safely cut and paste code it, even without any real knowledge of C.

On the other hand, the Asterisk community might welcome your contributing a more configurable implementation.

[quote=“david55”]Modify the source code. I think Asterisk’s grammatical localisation is mainly limited to numbers. Certainly the word order is hard coded in app_queue.c, but it shouldn’t be difficult for somnone with basic C skills to change it, and you could probably safely cut and paste code it, even without any real knowledge of C.

On the other hand, the Asterisk community might welcome your contributing a more configurable implementation.[/quote]

thanks david ,
Yes , My problem get solved with some changes in the file you mentioned. I used the same method for customizing voice mail announcements for Persian language .

hello

where is location of app_queue.c?

in the apps sub-directory of the source tree.

I would suggest that, if you need to ask, you don’t have the technical skills to make use of that information.

thank you
solved

take it easy :wink: